Wednesday, May 11, 2011

SportsgirlKnittingRevolution

Last night I was transported back to my childhood was lucky enough to attend the Sportsgirl Knitting Revolution - Knitting Evening. Held at the store in the Burke St Mall of Melbourne, 20 lovely ladies gathered to learn/refresh the basics of knitting and how to knit.
The session was run by the lovely Jedda-Daisy Culley who is a knitting extraordinaire and artist in her own right.
We learnt how to 'cast on', do a 'knit side' and also a 'purl side'.
I have always wanted to be retaught how to knit (after being shown MANY years ago by my grandmother) and cant wait to see what I come up with!!
The visual merchandising in the store to promote knitwear this winter and this 'Knitting Revolution' were outstanding! 
For the evening each of us received our own knitting kits complete with wool, large wooden knitting needles and a how to guide so we could go back and remind ourselves when we got home!
The gorgeous Jedda and I at the end of the session.
Check out Jedda's website for all her deets and photos of her work.
Thankyou Sportsgirl for putting on such a wonderful evening and look forward to hopefully showing you what I've made soon!

Mimmy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...